Non-Toxic Ways to Prevent Bed Bugs
Bed bug infestations can be a real nightmare, preventing them shouldn’t be a hazard too! Non-toxic ways to prevent bed bugs can be a real lifesaver – in more ways than one!
What Do We Need to Know About Bed Bugs | Bed Bug Facts
- Pesticide resistant. In the past, people used harsh chemical pesticides to handle their pest control. Unfortunately, over time bed bugs have evolved to become resistant to these treatments.
- Bed bugs come from everywhere. Wherever people are, bed bugs are too. They can be hiding in the clothes you just bought from the thrift store, the furniture you just ordered for your home, or even in your electrical outlets. There is nothing they cannot inhabit.
- Hidden terror. Bed bugs are masters at hiding while they grow their numbers, but they will typically hide close to their food source. Common hiding places include mattresses and box springs, underneath couch cushions, or inside carpets, closets, and drawers.
- Pervasive pests. Bed bug infestations can grow quickly, with a newly hatched bed bug growing to full maturity in as little as 7 weeks. A female adult can lay up to 250 eggs in her lifetime, which only takes about a week to hatch. At this rate, you could have a huge infestation on your hands before you even notice the signs.
- The pests come out at night. Bed bugs are nocturnal, so they will generally wait until nighttime to feed. The carbon dioxide we release when we’re sleeping is their signal to make their move.
What Health Risks Do Bed Bug Pose
In general, bed bugs are not known to spread any diseases. But the psychosis of being eaten alive in your sleep can lead to increased anxiety and sleep deprivation. In rare cases, bed bugs can transmit a parasite to their host that causes Chagras disease, but it is more likely that the itching and scratching from bed bug bites can lead to a skin infection.
How To Prevent Bed Bugs Without Using Chemicals
Non-toxic Products for Bed Bug Prevention
Just because bed bugs are pesticide resistant, it does not mean treatment is impossible. In fact, BedBug911’s non-toxic bed bug spray is 100% effective at knocking out bed bugs on contact. Our bed bug spray safe to use around kids & pets, but tough on unwanted pests.
BB911's Way for Better Bed Bug Prevention
BedBug911’s bed bug prep services are not just a pre-extermination method. Our tried and true techniques are an excellent method of bed bug prevention and control. We use a combination of non-toxic bed bug sprays, industrial steam treatments, and specialized HEPA vacuums to get rid of bed bugs naturally and safely.